Sunday, February 27, 2011

Birthday Gift

Tomorrow, 28th Feb is my daughter's 9th birthday. Besides the normal makan2 with family, birthday cake and birthday present, she wants to celebrate with her classmates too. So, as per previous years, I prepared goodie bags full of chocolates and candies (kids, remember to brush your teeth ya?) for her to bring to school tomorrow. But wait! Since they will be celebrating Maulidur Rasul tomorrow, we have to postpone her birthday celebration to Tuesday.

To make a difference to this year's goodie bag, I have decided I want to make a kanzashi flower hairclip for each of her classmates. Tapi tak kan nak bagi hairclip to boys ekk? I had no idea what to give to the boys until yesterday morning (before I even had breakfast) I did this keychain. I hope the boys will like this. 


I am now feverishly doing 21 pieces of this keychains and 23 pieces of hairclips. I have completed 10 keychains and 9 hairclips so far. I still have another 11 keychains and 13 hairclips to do before the big day on Tuesday. And I have to go to work tomorrow. Not to mention the heaps of clothes (as high as Everest) waiting to be ironed....

Oh, we had a lovely birthday cake....Chocolate Moist Cake with fresh strawberries. Specially made by my old colleague, Cik Non. Visit her at her blog :http://noniscreativecakes.blogspot.com/

Gotta go! Dah terketar2 nih nak siapkan the birthday gifts...Hope the kids will love it!!!


2 comments:

  1. Oh' cool gift ideas! I am sure my nephew will gonna love this. I just wonder how much is it? Anyway, thanks for sharing this post. Looking forward for your next post. Keep posting!

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Toni! I always teach my kids not to just expect presents on their birthdays but to go one step further by giving gifts to other people on their big day. The feeling in giving is just as good as receiving, if not better. Don't you think so? To answer your question, the keychain is only RM3.50 per piece.

    ReplyDelete